Jeffrey’s passion for dog training developed throughout his career as a United States Marine. As he progressed, his appreciation for dogs and their capabilities grew. It was during his deployment to Iraq where he genuinely understood the unique bond that could be developed between a dog and its owner. This can best be described through an exert from a poem written by Beth Norman Harris titled ‘A Dog’s Prayer’…”Treat me kindly by beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.” Jeffrey is beyond excited to be afforded the opportunity to share my knowledge and passion with the prestigious K9 Basics Dog Training.
Jeff is a licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT) who specializes in treating trauma related disorders. Additionally, he is a combat veteran who treats veterans of multiple wars who are diagnosed with Post-traumatic Stress Disorder.
– Military Police Officer, K-9 Handler/Trainer, Special Reaction Team (Full-time)Supervised and trained multiple kennel facilities to include handlers and Military Working Dogs (MWD)
– Developed the curriculum for the Combat Tracking Dog (CTD) program at the Department of Defense Dog Training Center located at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, TX
– Trained CTDs in human scent and article tracking
– Trained dual-purpose (detection/patrol) MWDs
– Handled over 20 MWDs that were trained in narcotics detection, explosive detection, and patrol training
– Supervised the security of multiple military installations
– Certified in use Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) spray, baton, and defensive tactics
– Qualified expert in small arms and assault weapons
– Experienced in law enforcement procedures to include traffic stops, report writing, etc.
– Instructed, supervised, and evaluated the performance of 60 personnel as their direct supervisor
– Coordinated work assignments, evaluated performance, and managed the entire work shift while serving as patrol supervisor